UNIVERSAL SI and SMI worm gear units from NORD DRIVESYSTEMS provide a high power density and are extremely compact. They feature quiet torque transfer. Thanks to their simple and effective design they take up considerably less space than other types of gear units. The gear units are available in SI and SMI housing styles (with smooth closed surfaces).
- A larger selection of shaft diameters provides greater flexibility for customers.
- On the drive side, IEC adapters provide several standard motor attachments for gear units of all sizes.
- Operation as a double gear unit is also possible for very high speed ratios.
- Thanks to fine casting, the improved surface structure with low levels of roughness gives dust less chance to ad here (washdown effect).
- Because of the large selection of components from the modular system, gear units can be optimally adapted to requirements.
- W-cylinder (free drive shaft)
- H10 first stage for larger gear ratios
- Torque support
- SMI gear units made from cast aluminium with smooth surfaces are especially suitable for applications in the food and beverage industry.
- Gears and shafts from the tried-and-tested modular system
- SMI gear units available up to size 75 for up to 427 Nm
Modular and flexible
- Use of various motors with both NEMA and IEC adapters
- The SMI flange housing can be combined with all SI series flanges
- Optimised NORD gear unit modules
- Standard IEC B5 / B14 interfaces for all sizes of gear unit
Sealed Surface Conversion System
- Surface treatment
- No detachment possible
- Corrosion-resistant -just like stainless steel
- No flaking
- No corrosion penetration
- Aluminium housing with washdown
- Can be used in ATEX areas
- Many possible shaft diameters