Throughout the world, NORD DRIVESYSTEMS provides sophisticated and future-proof solutions for processes in the steel and aluminium industry, which cater for present and future requirements. Extensive expertise for the metals industry enables NORD to supply tough, custommanufactured drives suited to the extreme environments in this field.
Solutions are available e.g. for:
- Continuous casting
- Hot rolling
- Accelerated cooling zones
- Processing lines
Unventilated (IC 410) Motors – reliable under extreme conditions.
- Completely enclosed design (up to IP66)
- Available as circular fin or longitudinal fin designs
- Shock-absorbing cast iron housings EN‑GJL-200 (GG200)
- Reinforced A end shield made from robust cast iron EN‑GJS-400-15 (GGG40)
- Heavy-duty bearings and shafts
- Individual project-based winding adaption
- Hard torque characteristics with high breakdown torque value
- Insulation systems for inverter feedings
- Insulation class ISO H
Ventilated (IC411 or IC416) NORD motors and other options are also available.
NORD provides highly durable solutions designed to withstand severe electrical and mechanical stress. Users can rely on uncompromised performance even in extremely demanding applications, e.g. featuring:
- 24/7 operation
- High acceleration rates
- Heavy shock loads
- Reversing operation
- High ambient temperatures
- High pressure water and tinder